String Things Students

String Things Students
Little Violinist

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Light up the World! Give Music this Holiday!

Here is the information about Suzuki for December and January for all my students.

December 9th we will have Group Class to prepare for our Holiday Lights at the Botanical Gardens Performance. Piano Students are welcome (but not required) if they want to come. There will be a keyboard to play at the Botanical Gardens performance.


Holiday Lights in the Gardens:
Florida Botanical Gardens   12520 Ulmerton Rd, Largo, FL 33774
December 12 at 7:00 p.m. please be there by 6:40 to tune and get set up.
Wear holiday or nice clothing (bring layers in case it gets cold!)

We will play :
Twinkles
Jingle Bells
O Come Little Children
Long Long Ago
Deck the Halls
Silent Night
Joy to the World
Ukranian Carol (Carol of the Bells)
Dreidel
Hanukah oh Hanukah
Minuet 1
Minuet 2
Chorus from Judas MacaBeus
Waltz

 I know we all love to give service by playing for nursing homes this time of year, but because of my knee surgery and other problems, I have decided that I am unable to do this this year. I hope that you will all take the initiative to play your Holiday Music at schools, church, and maybe even go to a nursing home on your own. There are some home school co-op opportunities available, I think. Barb Ness told me about one in particular that might welcome several of our students to come and play. 
I am sending a phone list of the parents in our group, and the emails for you are on the email I sent. If you would like to play together at a nursing home or event, maybe you can call and arrange that as part of your holiday giving!

Instead of candy at the nursing homes, consider having your children make Holiday cards to give to the residents. I will print some great ideas for that if you need help. I'll have them at next week's lessons.

Last, but definitely not least, I am having surgery on December 20 to repair my torn patellar tendon. I won't know how long I have to wait to start teaching again until I am out of the surgery. I am planning to start teaching again on Monday, January 30. I won't expect anyone to pay tuition for January. 
Please keep the Suzuki listening and review going for the month. I think that it would be a great incentive if we could have a practice challenge, and I have several ideas that I will put together and pass to you on the last week of December lessons, which will end on December 16, since my surgery is the next week.

I care very deeply about teaching all of you and am so grateful for your patience as I go through this year of knee surgery. Here's hoping that 2017 will be wonderful and musical!


No comments:

Post a Comment